LEASING / ACQUISITIONS / DISPOSITIONS
Structure and close effective real estate deals.
Leverage the real property expertise of Pursley Friese Torgrimson in all aspects of complex commercial real estate transactions. We negotiate and close acquisitions, dispositions, and commercial leases for office, retail, industrial, and multi-family real property assets ranging from 5,000 square feet to over 500,000 square feet.
LEASING / ACQUISITIONS / DISPOSITIONS
- Acquisitions and sale of property
- Commercial real estate services
- Leasing negotiations, agreements, enforcement and evictions
- Lending institution services for real estate refinancing (acquisitions, dispositions, foreclosures, deficiency judgments, note and guarantee negotiation, closings, purchase/sale agreements)
- Materialmen’s liens
- Workouts and foreclosures
WHO WE SERVE
- Banks and financial lending institutions
- Institutional lenders
- Finance companies
- Mixed-use developers
- Office, retail, warehouse, industrial
- Real estate investors
- Shopping centers
Acquisitions/Dispositions and Business Cases
- Successfully arbitrated a lawsuit involving the breakup of a limited liability partnership before the American Arbitration Association.
- Advised local builder on the structure of an assemblage for residential development in North Atlanta, including preparing and negotiating joint venture agreement and other applicable transaction documents.
- Served as local counsel for investor purchasing a $35 million portfolio of home improvement stores.
- Represented purchaser of multi-building office park in Decatur, Georgia, including negotiating the purchase agreement, searching and analyzing title work and survey, due diligence assistance, and serving as the closing agent.
- Represented veterinarian small business in the purchase of new office building, including negotiating the purchase agreement, searching and analyzing title work and survey, due diligence assistance, and serving as the closing agent for the SBA loan closing.
- In the last 12 months, PFT has closed approximately 107 leasing transactions estimated at $103MM in value.
- In the last 12 months, PFT has assisted clients with 26 commercial real estate transactions, including refinances, acquisitions, and dispositions. Transaction size ranged from $300K to $82MM, and the average transaction was $5.7MM.
Real Estate Transaction Matters
- Negotiated leases in 28 states across the U.S.
- Negotiated industrial lease for flagship distribution and office node for Fortune 100 company’s operations in San Leandro, California, valued at $1.3 million over a seven-year term, including tenant work letter for substantial build-out.
- Prepared and negotiated office lease in Norcross, Georgia, worth in excess of $6.5 million over a ten-year term, including negotiating work letter to protect landlord’s interests during the tenant’s build-out.
- Negotiated office lease for local gym operator in Midtown, Atlanta, which required review and analysis of condominium documents and negotiation with the condominium association to ensure client’s legal use of the property.
- Obtained a $1.3 million judgment against defaulting anchor tenant, Fulton County State Court.
- Recently abstracted 50+ commercial industrial leases for international portfolio of locations for packaging company.
- Prevailed at contested foreclosure sale confirmation action in Henry County Superior Court, which involved proving fair market value of foreclosed property using the discounted cash flow method of valuation; obtained subsequent deficiency judgment against guarantors of the loan.
- Foreclosed and evicted high-profile church operator (tenant) in default from a 14-acre, multi-building campus in Lithonia, Georgia, prevailing against tenant’s efforts to avoid eviction through filing multiple bankruptcies and appeals.
Our corporate real estate attorneys structure transactions that develop and support real estate projects for the long term, regardless of size or location. Our experience spans land purchases, sales, leasing, negotiations, contracts, workouts, and foreclosures. Whether you are a corporation, investor, developer, or lending institution, we’ll effectively streamline the commercial real estate transaction process and structure/close the most effective real estate deals working as your partner in real estate.
Contact PFT to discuss a leasing/acquisitions/dispositions matter