ZONING / LAND USE
Navigate governmental regulations. Advance your real property interests.
Pursley Friese Torgrimson helps property owners and developers navigate the highly regulated environment governing the use and development of real property in Georgia. Our team represents five decades of zoning and land use legal experience that includes long-standing governmental relations at city, county, and state levels across Georgia. We leverage our relationships and process knowledge to effectively guide our clients through all types of zoning, governmental, and land use matters. With our team’s extensive litigation experience, we advocate for clients through both the administrative zoning process and appeals in the court system, when necessary.
ZONING / LAND USE SERVICES
- Navigate permitting and land use issues
- Complete rezoning, variance, and special use applications
- Work with planning and building department staff, elected officials and community members through the application process
- Represent your positions at public hearing with local government and governing agencies
- Request variances and approvals
- Negotiate zoning, land use, and real property disputes
- Litigate your land use interests or any real property matter
- Appeal administrative decisions
WHO WE SERVE
- Civic associations
- Individual property owners
- Religious organizations
Our zoning/land use practice includes attorneys Doug Dillard, Julie Sellers, and Jill Arnold. Doug and Jill are among the co-authors of Zoning and Land Use Law in Georgia, the sole reference book for zoning and land use laws in Georgia. Julie leverages 15 years of real estate litigation experience to effectively work with local governments advocating her clients' zoning and land use interests.
Our team understands regulations at every level of government and how to help real property owners and developers advance their property interests involving permits, variances, special use, or zoning/rezoning. When governmental and business interests compete, Pursley Friese Torgrimson will also negotiate issues with governmental agencies, boards, and commissions, and litigate your real property matter through resolution.
- Special use permits
- Administrative appeals