CHRISTINE R. NORSTADT
Christine Norstadt focuses her practice on commercial real estate transactions and litigation. She is a founding team member of Pursley Friese Torgrimson.
Christine’s clients include owners, managers and users of all types of commercial real estate, including office, retail and industrial properties.
Her transactional practice includes negotiating commercial leases for landlords and tenants, leading commercial real estate closings, and facilitating general corporate real estate transactions and commercial foreclosures. Her litigation practice includes lease enforcement litigation, post-foreclosure litigation, as well as federal collections litigation for the FDIC.
Prior to Pursley Friese Torgrimson, Christine practiced commercial real estate law with Friese Legal LLC for more than three years, building on nearly seven previous years of experience working with commercial real estate businesses and real property owners.
Christine is president of the Georgia Tech Bar Association and served as the events chair of that organization from 2010 to 2012. In 2011, Christine completed the Urban Land Institute (ULI) Center for Leadership (CFL), a year-long program designed to cultivate leadership and strategy skills for emerging leaders in metro-Atlanta. She currently co-chairs the Technical Assistance Panel (mTAP) component of the ULI-CFL program for the 2012-2013 class and serves on the ULI TAPs committee.
Christine earned her law degree from Emory University School of Law. While at Emory, she served as an executive board member and managing editor of the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal. In 2009, the State Bar of Georgia Real Property Law Section recognized her as an exemplary real property law student, an annual award reserved for only one individual from each of Georgia’s law schools. She also holds a bachelor of science degree in International Affairs from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Negotiated leases in 28 states across the U.S.
- Negotiated industrial lease for flagship distribution and office node for Fortune 100 company’s operations in San Leandro, California valued at $1.3 million over a seven year term, including negotiating the tenant’s work letter for substantial build-out.
- Prepared and negotiated office lease in Norcross, Georgia worth in excess of $6.5 million over a 10 year term, including negotiating the work letter to protect the landlord’s interests during the tenant’s build-out.
- Negotiated office lease for local gym operator in Midtown, Atlanta, which required review and analysis of condominium documents and negotiation with the condominium association to ensure client’s legal use of the property.
- Obtained a $1.3 million judgment in Fulton County State Court against a defaulting tenant of a local shopping center.
- Recently abstracted 50+ commercial industrial leases for international portfolio of locations for packaging company.
- Prevailed at contested foreclosure sale confirmation action in Henry County Superior Court, which involved proving fair market value of foreclosed property using the discounted cash flow method of valuation; obtained subsequent deficiency judgment against guarantors of the loan.
- Foreclosed and evicted high-profile church operator (tenant) in default from a 14-acre, multi-building campus in Lithonia, Georgia, prevailing against the tenant’s efforts to avoid eviction through filing multiple bankruptcies and appeals.
- Obtained a $2.3 million judgment in U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, against maker of a promissory note to a failed lending institution.
- Presented at the “Summer School Lunch & Learn” hosted by Stream Realty Partners, ASD, and Crocker Partners on June 19, 2013 with managing partners Stephanie Friese Aron and Christian Torgrimson. The presentation addressed 1) Gross Up Provisions; 2) Landlord-Friendly LOI and Lease Proposal Suggested Language; 3) Special Notes to Both Landlords and Tenants; 4) Top Ten List of Things to do When: A Property Owner or Manager Receives a Notice of Taking on the Property; and 5) Top Ten List of Things to do When: A Tenant Receives Notice of Taking on the Property
- Panelist, Current Trends in Today’s Retail Market, Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors Expert Series CE Program, August 28, 2012
Co-Presenter with Managing Partner Stephanie Friese
- How to Avoid Lease Mistakes, presentation to Stream Realty Partners, May 25, 2011
- Presentation to PM Realty, June 17, 2011
- The Rundown on Avoiding Tenant Runarounds – How to Help Your Client Realize More Value from Leases, presentation to Resource Real Estate Partners, June 28, 2011
- Tips and Tactics in Tricky Times – A Guide For Receivers and Managers of Distressed Real Estate, presentation to GlassRatner Management and Realty Advisors, August 17, 2011
- Top Ten Mistakes in Commercial Leasing and How to Avoid Them – presentation at Stream Realty Partners’ “Back To School” event, September 14, 2011