FRANCHISORS & FRANCHISEES
AT ISSUE: REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS, LITIGATION, EMINENT DOMAIN/CONDEMNATION
As a franchisor you may be developing a franchise brand and need help structuring agreements, licensing and other transactional matters to best protect your assets. As a franchisee who owns a single or multiple operations, we’ll work with you to purchase or sell property, negotiate leases, contracts or other agreements — and navigate permits, variances, easements and land issues. For both franchisors and franchisees we’ll also advocate on your behalf to resolve disputes or litigation related to real estate matters, including a governmental taking through eminent domain.
- Recently abstracted 50+ commercial industrial leases for international portfolio of locations for packaging company.
- Negotiated a settlement for business value of four times the original offer in a condemnation case for the full taking of a franchise fast food restaurant by the Georgia Department of Transportation.
- Obtained an $11.0 million jury verdict in favor of client for the taking of a franchise hotel site by the Georgia Department of Transportation, representing a 150% increase above the original offer.
- Eminent domain/condemnation
- Acquisition, disposition and litigation
- Zoning/Land Use