LANDLORDS & TENANTS
AT ISSUE: REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS INCLUDING LEASE WORKOUT, DISPUTE RESOLUTION, LITIGATION AND EMINENT DOMAIN/CONDEMNATION
- In the last 12 months, we have closed approximately 71 commercial real estate leasing transactions, totaling $43,266,228 in value.
- Our work spans 32 states across the U.S.
- Approximately 60% of our practice is landlord-rep and 40% is tenant-rep.
- Approximately 72% of our practice is office leasing (although we also work in retail, industrial, medical office, cell towers, and billboards).
- Secured a $1.0 million settlement during the jury trial of a condemnation case by the Georgia Department of Transportation involving an office building development, representing an 850% increase above the original offer.
- Resolved the partial acquisition of a commercial shopping center owner prior to litigation, resulting in additional compensation and signalized intersection access for the client and no loss of existing tenants due to the public project.
- Resolved the condemnation of a commercial shopping center owner/landlord for more than double the original offer, resulting in a settlement prior to the filing of litigation.
- Settled a condemnation case involving the taking and damaging of three separate commercial parcels on behalf of landlord for two and a half times the original offer.
- Our condemnation team has a combined 80 years of experience representing landlords and tenants in all stages of eminent domain/condemnation.
- Our leasing team attorneys:
- Lease drafting, review, and negotiation
- Lease-related litigation
- Evictions, Dispossessories, and Workouts
- Eminent Domain/Condemnation
- Zoning/Land Use