REAL ESTATE DEVELOPERS & INVESTORS
AT ISSUE: REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS INCLUDING ACQUISITIONS & SALE OF PROPERTY, EMINENT DOMAIN/CONDEMNATION/ZONING
Fair market value plays a central role in the ownership of, investment in and development of real property. Pursley Friese Torgrimson helps ensure that an investor, developer or owner maximizes the return on the investment through fair market value whether it involves acquisition, land use, or relinquishment of property. We’ll help you with purchase, sale, leasing, zoning, financing, construction and litigation matters. When the property is the subject of an eminent domain proceeding, our attorneys work with you to ensure an accurate measure of fair market value, reduce the impact to the property and increase the just and adequate compensation due for the taking and damaging of property.
- Advised local builder on the structure of an assemblage for residential development in North Atlanta, including preparing and negotiating joint venture agreement and other applicable transaction documents.
- Served as local counsel for investor purchasing a $35 million portfolio of home improvement stores.
- Represented purchaser of multi-building office park in Decatur, Georgia, including negotiating the purchase agreement, searching and analyzing title work and survey, due diligence assistance, and serving as the closing agent.
- Represented veterinarian small business in the purchase of new office building, including negotiating the purchase agreement, searching and analyzing title work and survey, due diligence assistance, and serving as the closing agent for the SBA loan closing.
- Secured a $19.5 million settlement of a condemnation case brought by the Georgia Department of Transportation involving mixed use development property, along with a new driveway cut on a limited access street.
- Secured a $1.0 million settlement during the jury trial of a condemnation case by the Georgia Department of Transportation involving an office building development, representing an 850% increase above the original offer.
- Negotiated a settlement for land value of more than double the original offer in the partial taking of land from a retail shopping center for a county water tower project.
- Purchase and sale agreements and letters of intent
- Materialmen’s liens
- Boundary line disputes
- Condominium regime
- Due diligence services
- Eminent domain/condemnation
- Acquisition, disposition and litigation
- Zoning/Land Use